Friday, January 27, 2012

The Folks

I found some more folklore and Shakespeare resources that I am super excited about:

First is a long essay by Kristen McDermott about folklore and the English Holiday Cycle as represented in Shakespeare's work. A nod to all her scholarship in looking into this. What a great resource!

The other is the one I'm most thrilled with. It is a course description for a class being taught right now through Cardiff University entitled Folklore and Magic in the Age of Shakespeare. There's a whole list of books I can use of resources, a Cardiff Shakespeare blog full of useful information, a Cardiff Shakespeare facebook page, a Cardiff Shakespeare twitter account, and like a zillion useful links to Shakespeare conferences and symposia, libraries, open access journals, projects, Shakespeare facsimiles, Shakespeare tools, societies, theater companies, and theaters! What a treasure trove of resources! Not to mention all the people I could connect with through this blog and course! I'm literally quivering with excitement! I'll let you know when I've dug in a little more!

2 comments:

  1. In checking out that essay bo McDermott I was pleased to discover that great list of fantasy adaptations of Shakespeare plays at the end of it. Looks like you have hit on a lot of good resources. Will you be trying to contact any of the people associated with these?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes! I forgot to mention that is part of my plan!

    ReplyDelete