Sunday, January 22, 2012

Merchants V Moneylenders

I read The Merchant of Venice this weekend. My mother-in-law is coming into town so I wanted to finish as much homework as I could this weekend so I could spend more time with her. I ended up reading the whole play on my Kindle but I felt like, for the most part, it was easier to understand than Henry V without annotations. I think his comedies are like that.

Anyways, my hope is to check out what resources Folgers Library online has for the play since that's the edition of Henry V I read and I saw they have a website. After I check that out I thought I'd snoop the Shakespeare blogging community that Seeing Rosaline posted about and also check out luminarium.

As for my personal play, I think I'll read As You Like It. For my paper, I'd really love to do something with the theme of marriage as presented in the different plays we've read this semester, but I'm not sure yet how to narrow that down. I'll have to do some more close reading and see what I come up with.

I'm blogging from my phone (while rocking the little dude to sleep) so not much research going on just now. Till tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment