Friday, January 13, 2012

Shakespeare Baby

Onesie available through The Baby Shop
I had a wicked cold this week, so between dragging myself upstairs to take care of my 5 month old and trying every silly home remedy I've ever heard of, I've been a tad absentee from the blogging world. Bracken (my little guy) wasn't putting up with me not paying attention to him when I was alert enough to do anything, so getting on the computer was out. I was able to finish The Tempest however.

In order to entertain him, I read aloud (voices, pacing, and all) and not only did he enjoy the bard, but I got a very different experience with him. I caught different things. I feel like when I'm reading to myself I catch more of the humor cause I'm more likely to look up definitions and such, but when I'm reading aloud I feel more of the emotion. Interesting to note.

On another note, I'm dying to dress Bracken up in Shakespearean garb and use pictures of him in my blogposts, but I can't find such garb for five months old. Ideas?

1 comment:

  1. I recommend a big hat with a feather on it and buckled boots! And possibly a fake mustache, but that's entirely up to you.

    ReplyDelete