Monday, March 12, 2012

Love's Labor's Lost

I'm loving this play. I just finished act three. I think my favorite character would have to be Boyet, the lord attending to the princess. I'm assuming he is of the same class as the ladies because of how he interacts with them at the end of Act 2 Scene 1. This scene is so great... All the guys hanging back to ask about the girls and Boyet's sparring of wit with Longaville.

I love how he clearly sees what's going on and all the girls are in denial:

Princess: "Come, to our pavilion. Boyet is disposed" (line 263).

Maria: Thou art a lovemonger (going to have to use that word sometime in the near future) and speakest skillfully. (line 268).

Katherine: He is Cupid's grandfather and learns news of him (line 269).

Boyet (to ladies): what then, do you see?

Maria (in response): ay, our way to be gone (lines 276).

No comments:

Post a Comment