Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Social Proof Contact List

Get this... My post from last week where I just took notes on the introduction to a book I read as I was repurposing my content got a ridiculously amazing comment... unsolicited attention from the author of the article! How cool is that?!


So you better believe he is on my contact list for THIS week! He's going to "hook me up" with other folkloristic articles which of course will lead me to even more contacts. 

I'm working on repurposing my content first (at least writing the two required abstracts), because my submission is due this Friday (no pressure). But I've found ways that the following individuals will be helpful within my repurposed content (which I'm going to write a post about next):

Jaquie Thursby here at BYU could tell me more about the use of folklore in literature/Shakespeare. This is important because part of my argument is that people remix folklore in literature all the time, as did Shakespeare, so who's to invalidate the remixing of folklore online? 

Greg Kelly of Guelph University in Canada studies folklore online. I thought I'd look up articles by him and then contact him as I'm rewriting and lengthening my article. 

Lynne McNneal is up at Utah State. She is all over the eFolklore idea. She will also be useful as I rewrite. 

Dr. Burton suggested I take a look at Jeana Jorgensen who has been tweeting about digital humanities and folklore today:


Anyways, lots of options! Can't wait to write Mr. Blank back!

No comments:

Post a Comment