Monday, February 20, 2012

No way: Google Alert Success!

Most of the stuff my Google alert on "Shakespeare AND Folklore" turns up for me is useless. A surprising amount of it is obituaries... no really. But I had a very happy find the other day! It may have just found me my next contact about my paper, someone who might be really interested to read what I have to say, an audience for my topic. 

Google sent me a bio article about a Hungarian English professor at USU who studies and teaches both Shakespeare and folklore! No way, right?! An English. professor. from Utah. IN Utah. Who knows about BOTH Shakespeare and folklore! Well, I thought it was cool. 

Her name is Susan Nyikos. From the article about her, she sounds like a delightful person and an excellent professor. So I hopped on over to the USU site and found her contact information in the English department directory. I promptly shot her off an email similar to the one I sent Mr. Ryan so that I had as much time as possible to hear back from her. 


No comments:

Post a Comment